Reckitt Benckiser (RB)
Destination: Johannesburg, Sun City and Cape Town
- An incentive for Retailers who supply RB products and have achieved or exceeded certain targets set by RB.
- Group to visit stores and learn about the market in that destination
- Providing unforgettable experiences so that Retailers are motivated and eager to accomplish targets, spread the word to other Retailers and all want to attend the program year after year
- Program – unique experiences and functions conducive for the group to get to know each other and network
- Destination – somewhere delegates will be excited to travel to and are able experience a different culture
- Activities – to provide a variety of group activities that would appeal to different age groups and unique to the destination
What they said
‘Directions leave nothing to chance, gives great confidence.’
‘I had a great time, it was a well organised tour due to your exceptional organisational skills’
‘I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for a job well done. even being a
South African, I thought everything was well planned and executed, and that too from not even being there before!’
‘You guys were the very best at looking after all of us, exceptional effort. For That I personally thank you.’
- Budgets – managed one budget with two different currencies ZAR/AUD including incoming and outgoing monies.
- Critical Path – ensuring deadlines were met and cancellation penalties were avoided or reduced where possible
- Online registration – All elements of the online registration were looked after by Directions as well as any personal travel extensions including flights, accommodation, car hire, activities and tours
- Partner Package – A partner package for flights and land items was arranged and managed directly with Directions
- Group Flight Management – Directions managed flights from all major Australian cities and some regional ports. All flights were via Sydney so some delegates flew and spent the night in Sydney due to flight scheduling.
- Accommodation Management – Hotels were managed by Directions in four different locations: Sydney, Johannesburg,
Sun City and Cape Town
- On-Site Event Management – whole program was managed by Directions in conjunction with a local DMC. Directions were available everyday on the ground to ensure all aspects of the event were running according to plan. Client was always updated if changes needed to be occur during the program with solutions and reasons why.
- Delegate Gifts – A beaded rhino, key ring and bracelet was room dropped on the first night. A portion of the proceeds going to the locals and rhino conservation organisation which was a nice way to give back and support the community
- Finalisation of the program – a reconciliation of the event was provided. Online surveys were sent to the client and delegates as well as a debrief of the program with the client.
Enhancing the Program
These were carefully considered to give the delegates cultural, unique, unforgettable experiences. We commenced the program with Soweto Children’s choir on the first night at the San Deck Terrace, whilst overlooking Johannesburg. All activities and functions were exclusive for the group and included an elephant interaction at the Elephant Wallow at Sun City followed by traditional Braai (BBQ dinner) at the Wallow; option to walk with lions and play with lion cubs, wine tastings at Lourensford Estate of wine paired with charcuterie then ClosMalverne Wine Estate, wine paired with ice cream in Stellenbosch; to dinner in the penthouse suite of the Taj with panoramic views of Table Top Mountain.
Quite a few of the attendees had never travelled and found it a bit daunting going to South Africa. Due to this we found it important to provided them with thorough information prior to departure including details about the country and cultural tips and then continually communicating any updates along the way to put them at ease. We provided this through email blasts, updates on the noticeboard at the hospitality desk and advising on coach transfers.
The destination was a real wow factor along with the luxurious Palace of the Lost City, Sun City and Taj hotel in Cape Town accommodation they experienced made it feel extremely special. We created mystery and excitement by keeping the farewell dinner a surprise until they arrived at the location that evening, which was the Two Oceans Aquarium, Predator exhibit in Cape Town. The final WOW for the group took place on the night was a cheetah walking around them and then leaping onto a table in front of the Predator tank for attendees to have photos with and pat. This was the first time a cheetah had ever appeared at an event at the aquarium. A trial run through was done prior to ensure the cheetah did not react negatively to all the marine life smells. Many advised they didn’t think we could top the program, until they saw the cheetah.