- To provide a high level educational event to Doctors.
- Venue – needed to cater for 450 people with 5 plenary sessions running concurrently.
- Delegate Registration – to be provided for all attendees, sponsors & staff.
- Social Functions – Welcome Reception and Dinner.
- Satellite Meetings – Coordinate satellite meetings as required.
What they said
‘Thank you all again for a superbly organised and excellent meeting.’
‘I found the quality of both invited speakers to be outstanding. It was well
worth the journey to Melbourne. I got a lot out of it.’
‘Congratulations on another superbly run meeting.’
- Budgets – created a main budget incorporating over 6 different stakeholder cost centres
- Critical Path – ensuring deadlines were met and cancellation penalties were avoided.
- Online registration – over 600 registrations received and processed. Our registration manager handled all aspects of the online registration including creating the web page, maintaining the database and liaising with delegates and the Hotel according to our critical path deadlines.
- Group airport transfers – arranged a variety of coach sizes and cars were used based on arrival patterns and flight departure times.
- Accommodation Management – ensured rooms were allocated as per the Dr’s requirements and all attrition and cancellation policies were adhered to ensuring no unnecessary cancellations fees were charged.
- Group Flight Management – out of 350 flights, no cancellations or penalties were experienced. Accommodated over 70% flight change requests.
- On-Site Event Management – managed delegate arrivals, stakeholder queries, and supplier relations.
- Venue negotiations – Melbourne CBD Hotel plus offsite dinner venues
- Audio Visual – technical production for a plenary room, 5 concurrent breakouts and over 70 speakers.
- Speaker Management – sourced, booked and managed Speaker travel and accommodation and VIP status as appropriate.
- Off-site event – negotiated rates with the venue, created the menu and coordinated the management of the evening.
- Mobile APP – created to incorporate the online experience with this conference allowing delegates to view the agenda, take notes, offer feedback, view speaker profiles, view maps and connect with the conference online.
- Compliance with Medicines Australia Code of Conduct – Taken into account by Directions for all arrangements made.
- Finalisation of the program – provided a reconciliation of the Budget; Evaluations collected via the mobile APP, and a De-brief Report presented several weeks after the event in person to members of the 2012 committee.
New Digital Initiative
- Directions helped to introduce a Mobile App for the 2012 conference and continue to improve the use of this application to date.
- This allowed attendees to use their Smart Mobile Devices to access the agenda, speaker bios and provide feedback in session and aspects of the events. This was considered an important step forward to increase the interactivity of the meeting.